Splice is focused on empowering the modern musician and helping the world reach its musical potential. We’ve created collaborative cloud based products and services that have become an invaluable resource to hundreds of thousands of producers.
In addition to being a powerful part of the music creation process, Splice serves as a strong opportunity for artists to build their name beyond the traditional fan based audiences. Our platform is designed for unique ways for artists to to each other for collaboration and education opportunities. Our sample and loops platform, Splice Sounds, provides the largest library of high quality samples & loops to artists. It’s paying out over $1m per quarter to sound designers and independent labels in 2017. Finally, the Splice community has become the central destination for artists to share session files and stems that allow other aspiring artists to see into their production process.
We’ve developed strong trust in the industry and built relationships with many of our high profile artist users. We’ve managed to accomplish this primarily due to the strength of our products and word of mouth between artists. Today we only have one full time employee dedicated to artist relations and music partnerships. We believe expanding our efforts to leverage our artist relationships for content acquisition and influencer marketing is one of the largest priorities for Splice in 2017.
We are looking for a VP of Artist Relations and Music Partnerships to lead our efforts in this area and further build out a team necessary to support our company goals.
In this role you will
- Work directly with the executive team to understand the needs of the company and help define a strategy and applicable KPIS for how to maximize our relationship with artists and the larger music industry.
- Hire and manage a team to execute the strategy and report progress weekly in exec meetings.
- Be responsible for artist content including Sound Packs, Remix Contest, Session Files and Stems.
- Develop and oversee a scalable process to handle our artist pipeline to allow to us to stay in sync, track our progress and measure our success.
- Help identify and execute major music industry partnerships between labels, publishers, artist collectives and technology partners.
- Oversee the growth and development of the Splice Sounds Label including budgeting for hiring and content.
- Work with marketing to develop and manage the pipeline for an influencer marketing program.
- Work with executive team on refining the company culture to span technology and music industry values and needs.
- Be responsible for HR and career development within the Artist and Music Partnership team.
Relevant Experience & Skills